BritBiz is a team of British-owned English-speaking service providers on the ground in Central Europe. We deliver a one-stop business development approach - a seamless route to market. We have one interest - to get you into business here as quickly and as cost-efficiently as possible. Once you are here, we aim to help you build your business with full local regulatory compliance and optimal profitability! Meet our team!
Brit Biz is pleased to be working with UK Trade & Investment to create business opportunity and growth. For more detailed business enquiries on doing business in Poland please contact Martin Oxley, Country Head UK Trade & Investment, Poland email@example.com
TGC Corporate Lawyers Poland | Czech | Slovakia
With our London office at Aldersgate, we are ready to sit down with you and work on your business development plan with you now. Please phone Valentina at our City office to arrange a meeting or video conference call today!
London Representative Office
200 Aldersgate Street
EC1A 4HD London
tel: +44 (0) 20 3440 4127
Here’s a view on growth from a Brit who has lived outside the UK for the last 25 years who fundamentally believes in the UK’s core strengths.
In the midst of a turbulent Eurozone which by the day is becoming more internally focused driven by a media which chases down countries on their debt in markets where 100 billion Euro buys a 5 hour trade rally I wanted to start a discussion on growth. I want to invite you to contribute to this discussion so we can really get moving.
The UK is an island economy with massive historical trading strength coming from our historical routes in the technological revolution which was the precursor of the world as we know it today. Over the last 50 years we have focused on services which since our heavy industry demise have trail blazed a hi tech, consumer led revolution which has enabled us to maintain leadership on the global stage. Our share of exports during this time have declined. New global markets have emerged. People say we went out of manufacture – we didn’t we cleverly engaged in a shift. Our appetites drove debt to exorbitant levels. Essentially we remained an island economy but we became too internally focused driven by strong growth at home. Where are we on Europe and where are we on growth?
• The UK market is advanced and well saturated. We must go for growth outside our home market; Poland is an excellent partner for this
• Europe is hugely important to us. 40% of our exports go to Europe – more importantly an outward looking EU is the single biggest chance we have to take on the economic order of the 21st century where globalisation moves to regionalisation
• Markets outside Europe provide 60% of our exports – these are in higher potential growth markets – emerging powers. We need to exploit synergies in Europe to sell into global emerging markets. Combining our common sales and supply chain opportunities for mutual benefit
• We cannot subscribe to an internally focused EU focused on crisis; we must exploit partnerships of strength – Poland and the UK is a superb axis for growth in Europe and in broader emerging markets
• A single currency and banking union may be the way for the Eurozone countries. For the UK’s sectors of strength and our global trading mix we must support the pound and our open financial markets – this is what our global partners expect and need us to do
• In doing that we need to support a successful EU market in order for us to build and continue to grow the world’s largest trading area – more free trade within Europe will attract investment, grow home markets and leverage strength in emerging markets
Getting back to the point at home and what we can do to go for quick hits for growth. Here’s 3 ideas. I would really like you to contribute more:
(i) The UK needs to develop much more confidence and assertiveness in seizing international trade opportunities – we underperform our peers in exports – Business let’s go for growth!
(ii) There is great potential for innovative UK manufacturing businesses in Central Europe – sales, manufacture and supply chain – Poland is the leading market in Emerging Europe
(iii) Companies prepared to align their product to local market opportunity automatically create a competitive, differentiated market offering – A product portfolio aligned to local market opportunity brings growth and efficiency
The UK in Poland – Going for Growth. Please join me in sharing the opportunity and let’s together get the UK moving on Europe’s single largest growth opportunity which will help the EU take on the world.